News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

TeamSpeak?

Started by FreakyTiki, March 26, 2015, 02:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakyTiki

Hey everyone!

Does the server have a TeamSpeak or Skype or any sort of voice chat system officially set up? And if not, should it? Me personally, I don't mind just playing in the quiet or with my own music on while I'm building, but I'm always curious how the other players on the server actually sound. (Of course, we'd probably all get annoyed with one another's voices :P) You can get more out of what someone has to say if you can hear the inflections in their voice. And sometimes its just nice to talk instead of using the chat if you're bored enough haha. So I don't mind either way. I just think it would be cool if there was some sort of "server call" running that you could just join in, just like how you can casually glance at the server's dynamic map. Wouldn't that be nifty?

Just a thought.

TheChief13

People would abuse that far too much. Like a new player could join and just start screaming in the call or something. Personally I don't think that will work

Metalic_Shield

And my parents don't let me Skype people so some people who can't skype other people would be left out.
Noot noot :3

FreakyTiki

Quote from: 13chiefcm on March 26, 2015, 07:03:51 PM
People would abuse that far too much. Like a new player could join and just start screaming in the call or something. Personally I don't think that will work
Yeah that's what I was thinking after I sent this. It has potential, but it would probably just end up being a repulsive call. People could also swear and such, and there's nothing really to stop them besides their own integrity (which they don't have if they are swearing a lot in the first place!). Plus, how would we even do it? I sure don't know how to host a 24/7 call haha.

But stilllllllll..... For the times when everyone acts mature about it, wouldn't it be coooooooolllllll?  ;D

TheChief13

Yeah take away idiots and add 24/7 call technology and this could work!

PwnedByNate

Couldn't we just kick the people from the call who don't follow the rules and/or spam?
~Nate :D