SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

A petition.

Started by FreakyTiki, February 18, 2015, 05:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakyTiki

Hey there Froobians! ;D

I'll start this by saying three things:
1, I'm not sure where to post this, so I'm just putting it in Minecraft. Should I have put it in Ban Appeals? Off-Topic? Does it matter? I digress.
2, this is going to be a serious, respectful post, and I'm not trying to prosecute or insult anyone on a personal level. This was just something that was itching me.
3, Sorry grapeshield, I'm bringing it back up, don't get mad!  :P

As you may know, there was quite a kerfuffle on the server recently regarding the banning EnigmaforceIV and the gray-listing of ProfessorDangle. Now my goal in writing this is not to stoke the flames regarding Enigma's situation. If you ask me, I will tell you my opinion on that decision another time, but that is not what I'm writing THIS piece for. I am writing this to respectfully request the ban of ProfessorDangle from the server.

The reason I am taking this so far as to post on the forums about it is not because I have a vendetta against ProfessorDangle. In fact, the opposite is true. I enjoyed Dangle and Enigma's little adventures on the server, and how they would roam around the map searching for adventure. It was fun to see them having a good time role-playing, getting the most out of Minecraft in their own way. I liked Dangle's intricate builds, his towers, his adventurous attitude. Many a good day I spent on the server was started with a warm welcome from him. Even as OldTownThief, ProfessorDangle was able to give the server a buzz of activity. I am sure his presence on the server will be sorely missed.

That being said, I am sticking to my guns. I want ProffesorDangle banned. Mind you, this is not for personal revenge, but for breaking Froobworld rules. ProfessorDangle is guilty of "luring," or consciously leading players into a trap, with the intention of harming them. Now, this isn't SPECIFICALLY stated in Froobworld's rules (at least on the website), but it definitely fits under the "trolling" category, which IS against the rules.

What happened is this: Dangle gave a shout out to the players on the server, saying he was giving away free stuff, presumably as a parting gifts to us as he was leaving the server in connection to the banning of EnigmaforceIV. As I am always on the lookout for some free goods, I indulged on his offer. Nothing wrong with a little free stuff, right? Well, when TP'ed to ProfessorDangle, he burned me to death with lava. He also toasted all my gear. It was the best stuff I had, and I can tell you the specs if you're curious, but all that should be irrelevant. The fact is, Dangle was breaking server rules. Even when I asked him if he had, by chance, picked up my stuff, he told me straight up that he had burned it. Those are actions that warrant a ban.

Again, this is nothing personal between ProfessorDangle and I. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty bummed that he did such a mean thing to me, and it's going to take some time and work to get my stuff back. But I'm over it. He was probably just agitated and excited, and I get that he was probably letting out some frustration, letting out some steam at my expense. And I am not bitter towards him for it. I forgive him. But the fact is, he broke Froobworld rule, and those who disrespect Froobworld's rules, in essence disrespecting Froobworld as a whole, must face the consequences of such actions. Even if his actions were uncharacteristic, even if they were done in a fit while Dangle wasn't thinking normally, EVEN IF I don't have beef with ProfessorDangle, he must be banned.

It should be an important priority to set a precedent on the Froobworld server that those who break the rules, especially in such an intentional way as ProfessorDangle did, are always banned. ALWAYS. No exceptions. If not, it shows that there are loopholes, ways you could terrorize other players on the server and be able to get away with it. Gray-listing ProfessorDangle, while being some punishment, isn't doing him proper justice. He knew what he was doing when he lured me, and now he must pay the according price. It is unacceptable to let those who have broken rules be able to get away with doing things against Froobworld's ideals. Especially with Dangle being a trusted member of the server, a temporary admin I believe, an unbanned ProfessorDangle only stands to betray what Froobworld stands for. As my "superior," Dangle should be held to an even HIGHER standard than that of the normal player, like Enigma or myself. It sends a very bad message to let someone of high rank go against Froobworld law. The only fitting punishment is the one spelled out in the rules itself: a ban.

On top of all of that, you might still say, "Well, players have been given second chances before. Why shouldn't Dangle get one?" Yes, players have been granted second chances to play again, but for smaller issues. Players have been unbanned for minor, sometimes unintentional griefing, misunderstandings, and the like. This is not the case for ProfessorDangle. Dangle very intentionally, very deliberately attacked. This was no misunderstanding, no minor offense. As a respected server member, we know Dangle knew what he was doing, and knew that he was committing crime against the rules, but acted out anyway. I will also point out that these other "second chances" were granted from BEYOND BANISHMENT. These players were given a second chance, but only after they had already been banned. Meaning, even for such small incursions of Froobworld's rules, these other players were BANNED without a second thought. They paid the price for just their petty thefts and disturbances, something that Dangle has not for an unforgivable offense.

So what am I getting at here? For you TL;DR folks, this is what I am trying to say. I want ProfessorDangle banned, not for satisfaction as the victim of his crimes, but because it is the right thing and the just thing to do. Banning Dangle is what is supposed to happen in relation to his actions, and a banning him is merely the carrying out of the law. It is just that simple. And sadly, at the end of the day, even if things stay the current course and Dangle is not banned, something tells me that he won't be coming back to party with us any time soon anyways. So please, lets just give this situation some closure, shall we?

Please consider my request,
  FreakyTiki

Side note: Sorry I had no screenshots of what happened. I was (understandably) too distracted to remember to take them. Please take my word for it, I'm an honest person. Plus, I'm sure other players and admin on at the time can back up what I'm saying.

PPS: Sorry it's so long, I guess I got carried away! Now you know I like to write  :P  ;D

TheChief13

first of all.. i had no idea engima got banned. its always a shame to see great players sink and what dangle did is nothing like him. I would have expected more from him. back to your point.. you're right. what he did should get him banned and banning such a great player and friend is always a hard thing to do but sometimes it has to be done. when you can speak to froob about your stuff and he should be able to get your stuff back.. i think. dangle will be banned as what he did is trolling and in some cases theft. thanks for writing this as a lot of it came as shocking news to me.

FreakyTiki

No problem Chief, thanks for reading my little rant ^.^

Admin-wise, I would talk to Whov or grapeshield if you want to learn more about what happened (but grape is still a bit touchy about it haha).

TheChief13

GrapeShield

I'm good now, haha.  I was just a little mad because people were acting happy about Enigma being banned, and I was really sad about that.  You do have a very good point though, I'm not sure why he was just grey-listed.  While I love Professor and all, I agree that he should have been banned right off.  Sorry about me freaking out about it, I just wasn't too happy about people saying "yay!" to Enigma being banned.  While I am still able to talk to him, I was very upset.
Beverly

enigmaforceiv

I wrote an entire post and it's gone... cool. It was really long, and took me about 45 minutes to write... I'm just going to get to the nitty gritty parts.

Sorry Tiki that you had to go through that, Professor's actions and words are not from me, and what I believe he did was unnecessary. I just want you to know that what he did was discouraged before he did it. Professor has become very stressed from the events involving Mechclaw. Which I will explain by a point-by-point bases below.

Tiki, you may ask Kendra for some stuff from Old Town. I've decided to donate Old Town valuables for Kendra to pass out to good players. It's my understanding that you and Mansfieldmz got a long real well.

I also agree with Tiki's statement. I have left Froobworld for a variety of issues. These issues are:

1. TP Abuse - the only people who never used /tp on me without permission are kendra, grape, and professor.
2. Filter Skipping - Cursing seems to be allowed one day, and then disallowed the next.
3. /mute - the first time I saw mute in action was when Professor got Vet+ and decided to test out the mute feature on me.
4. I forgot.

Personally, I left for several reasons:

1. Someone /pt tpa enigmaforceiv me several times, spamming my consecutively even after asking him to stop, complaining about it, with no action/recourse.
2. Silent get's demoted for tp abuse, UNDER gets promoted for tp abuse
3. This

4. Complaining about Under and seeing him promoted with protection powers
5. No privacy. Social Spy always running, Random  TPs and vanishes. I had to write in a freaking book to tell people secret things. Couldn't even mine without someone trying to "help".
6. I forgot

7. Mechclaw

In Short - cause I wrote a long essay about everything -

Mechclaw is a manipulative, egotistical and disruptive player, attempting to use "help" as a means to remain "innocent". The spat between him and Professor started when he first began playing.

1. He fought Kendra on the fact that he was building too close to neighboring towns (Including Old Town). I told him it's a bad idea because of new players.
2. He decided to hold a contest in Old Town, he brought in new players, had them vote on Professor's buildings. Professor's home won.
3. He build's Kyle10's home using Professor's design, professor wanted attribute.
3a. Professor would have been fine, but just like several mega-builder and minecraft-youtubers, they ask for credit when using/rebuilding their homes/styles. Mechclaw claimed that it was his own style. Then what was the contest for? Professor never received anything.
4. New players that Mechclaw brought to Old Town started building in Old Town without permission.
5. Mechclaw and Kyle10 constantly swearing despite warnings. Often saying "Sorry language/Sorry caps" after deliberately breaking the rules.
6. I showed Mechclaw the OldTown vault, as a way to reach out to him and be friendly towards him. This was against Professor's will as Professor is the one who redesigned the vault and the underground garden. Upon signing into dynmap, I noticed Mechclaw in the vault, unattended. When logged in, I had found that he was creating a variation of Professor's wall design. (See 3a.)
7. Did not leave Old Town despite being asked to several times
8. My suspicions were that OldTownThief was ProfessorDangle after OldTownThief complained "Mechclaw is spamming me with TP, please do something about it." No one, besides the Professor, carries grammar that well while writing..

There are times were I would try to calm Professor down. However, Mechclaw would continue to disrupt the environment. Sometimes Professor would even try to be nice to Mechclaw, but Mechclaw would do things (jumping in front of Professor while Professor would try to do something, hitting Professor "by an accident", etc.). Although there were some situations were Professor provoked mechclaw, I believe that all of this could of have been avoided with the idea of maintaining a peaceful playing environment was kept in mind. Professor did not know what else to do with this player, so this is what he did.

Same with me,

I requested to be banned, not as a punishment, but as protest to the change of environment of froobworld. It felt less like the family-orientated, small community that I was intrigued by and became more of a "how far can I go without breaking the rules."

I attribute that to the amount of people who have tried to literally build on Old Town borders, and those who have fought the rules put in place despite be reminded the rules of the server and Old Town itself. Like I said before, I like you guys, and I liked the server - I had thought I was going to stick with froobworld well-passed the map reset - but I can't. The only thing I could of done was remove myself from the situation, in which I did.

With that said, I wish you all luck in life - it was great learning about some of you as well as playing with you on minecraft.  I will not be appealing my ban and will not be attempting to rejoin froobworld

Best of luck!

PS THIS WAS SO MUCH LIONGER... Lionger? Longer.

PPS Personally, I'd love to hear about more strict guidelines for rule breaking.

Cursing in chat for fun? /muted (Look, I'm 24 years old, I curse all day - I'll curse you out, but I don't want to read it, especially not from a 10 year old, and I know there are some people on the server that don't like cursing at all!)
Cursing for trolling? /ban
Putting people down? /muted (I really hated that asshat who was calling Kendra mean after she told him to follow the rules. I would of /strike /muted) him right away, instead he just kept talking and talking and talking and talking. Kendra shouldnt be subject to some snot-nosed kid who is b***hing and whining because he's gotta read the rules. Come on guys...)
Being obnoxious? (/manuload jail then tp them to some jail! and /mute their butts!)

Just some ideas.

If I were spending $8-$10 bucks for a server, I'd like to see that everyone is enjoying the money I'm throwing into it, I wouldn't want to hear that people are not enjoying it because of unruly players. However, if that's a choice you've made, then I guess I know what the real underlying issue is.

However, thank you for giving me a place to enjoy and a place to meet really great folk!

SwankyPhil

It was a pleasure Enigma, thank you for the insight. I didn't know about the history behind professor and mechclaw. I also hope that we can get a /jail command back on froobworld. Have a good one.
Get Shwifty

froobynooby

Had a day with nothing to do so:
- Jails have been added.
- social spy will now only pick up messages from new players.
- the swear filter is a lot friendlier.

Mechclaw

Now, before you get angry at me for gravedigging, I only saw this today.

Well, I didn't actually know that I was being so mean - Please don't think I'm a terrible person, I'm actually trying to help 0-o

Well, I'm sorry for all the things I did. Some of these things on the list I can't actually recall doing, and some leave out some details, but I am, generally sorry.

If you guys don't want me here I'll leave.
Mechclaw // Eli

TheChief13

Mech. when you first joined the server I didn't think much of you to be honest. but when you were told about everything you did I can tell you didn't mean to do it and I saw that you very quickly changed. now I can easily say that you are a great guy and a great friend to have. and it is clear that other like enigma see this too as you were made thane of Old Town. and I will make many angry faces on Skype if you do leave!

Mechclaw

Phew! I thought you guys didn't like me but just went along without telling me.

Thanks for telling me what I did Chief :p

Well, At least I don't have to leave. I am very attached to Froobworld. I can't wait for 1.9 Froobworld! :D

lel you didn't think much of me xP
Yeah, when I join people don't like me. Then they grow to know me as who I am.

I wish Dangle knew I'd changed. *sigh*
Mechclaw // Eli