News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Plans for the server?

Started by TenReno, June 04, 2014, 08:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TenReno

Hello everyone, I've been off and on the server for a bit now and I do want to get back into minecraft. I am curious what is next for the server, will there be a new map soon? How often is the server bumped in the lists for new players? I'd like to see more activity than just a few people on at a time! Post your opinions, I'd like to hear from froob or chief also :3

froobynooby

When 1.8 rolls around we're expanding the map westward, we're not resetting until the update after next. Usually after an update we get an influx of new players, so there will be some more activity in the next few months.

SwankyPhil

Why'd you choose west? Is there a Mesa Biome that way? :D
Get Shwifty

froobynooby

TenReno

I would prefer a whole new map over just expanding, just for personal preference and the fact that new players will see old stuff first. It would also clear away all of the abandoned buildings from people who don't play any more.

froobynooby

We would reset the spawn in the new area and make a new spawn town, we do it every map.

TenReno

Yes, but there is still the majority of the map already explored and built in. Abandoned/unfinished buildings bug me. Is there any chance there would be a full reset?

froobynooby

We're making the boundaries bigger, it will be newly generated. There will be no unfinished or abandoned buildings in the new area.
We reset after 2 major updates so people can keep their work for a while.

TheChief13

i just finished my tube library to bedrock.. the map is not restarting after i just finished it!

Tricia17997

I would like to volunteer my labor and materials to help with building the new Spawn Town.