News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Elflord966's ban appeal

Started by Elflord966, December 29, 2020, 07:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elflord966

I was banned for apparently being homophobic

I will not lie, I am Christian and am against homosexuality but I do not know why they have banned me seeing as I have to my knowledge not done anything wrong or contrary to the rules set in place. Furthermore I have not discussed my views on homosexuality with anyone nor have I said anything anti gay. What I would like to know is why I  was banned and why if I did accidentally say something "homophobic" why that matters.

I would really enjoy continuing to play on the server it is one of the only good servers I have been able to find and I have put a decent bit of effort into building and getting to know people and I would be rather disappointed if I was to loose all those connections.
Thank you for your time

froobynooby

It looks like you were banned for when you said
QuoteI am straight to the point where I'd kill a man before I'd be gay
in #ingame-chat. That sentence is indirectly expressing how opposed you are to the idea of homosexuality, and so could be considered as expressing a homophobic view

Being homophobic would fall under our "respect others" rule which we usually permanently ban for. However, I'd say what you said falls into the lower half of seriousness as far as offenses to this rule goes considering it's not directed at anyone and the context in which you said it

I'll have to ask the other admins what their views are and what they think we should do

Elflord966

Ok that sounds fairly reasonable
Thank you for responding so quickly  :D

Elflord966

Just out of curiosity how long do you think it will take for the council to decide my fate?

TheChief13

What you said was really Homophobic and offended some of our members that saw it. Those it didn't offend were disgusted by it. So this time and this time alone we will be giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you didn't know any better. What we will be doing is unbanning you on the condition that you make a public apology on the discord server.

Elflord966

I thank those of you who who were willing to allow me to rejoin your server and I greatly appreciate the offer. I however cannot and will not apologize for something I did not do as what I said was nothing more than a statement of my personal convictions. I am sorry to say this especially given how wonderful most of you have been but I am entirely unwilling to admit a wrong where there was none. I am saddened by this choice but I am afraid if the terms of my reinstatement are to fess up to wrongs not done I will chose to leave. Now if I had actually done anything wrong I would gladly apologize and seek recourse as sirthelumpthe4th will testify. I thank those of you who were willing to give me a second chance and I am disappointed in those of you who took offense in such a basic statement of personal preference, especially considering the subject. Farewell

TheChief13

The only person willing to give you a second chance was me. saying you did nothing wrong after leaving multiple people offended and disgusted by your words is as ignorant as it it arrogant. I was giving you this one chance to see your wrong doings and you have decided to stick to your homophobic views anyway. I was really hoping that you just didn't understand what you were saying and that we could help you see the error of your ways but it is clear to me now that i was wrong to do so.

Appeal denied.

Elflord966

If that is how you feel then so be it, give my regards to the others  :D