News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Squid

Started by BiggerTex, September 17, 2018, 07:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiggerTex

I and a few others have noticed a dire shortage of squid on the server.  Unfortunately the squid population seems to be in line with what Mojang have intended, for whatever reason.

So, a means to get more ink would be the noblest of endeavors.  I have a couple of ideas, and while they may not be the best, here they are:

1.  Create a kit for ink.  I know this can be a slippery slope, and I understand that there currently are no kits on the server.  But, a once every 24 hours kit of like 8 ink could be very useful.  The main downside being that I'd run out of diamonds quickly by buying everyone's kit. ::)

2.  Squid spawning appears to be linked to the population of salmon and cod (and maybe tropical fish).  Would it be possible to run a command once per minute to despawn all non-persistent salmon and cod?

3.  Custom trading villager at spawn, or a custom STUM shop that never empties and the profits go to no one.

4.  ? ? ?

5.  Profit

Thanks for the great server,

Tex

froobynooby

I've done something similar to idea 2. There should be less fish and more squid spawning now. Let me know whether you notice any difference or not

Thanks for the suggestion

Edit: Just went swimming in the oceans around spawn and saw lots and lots of squid

BiggerTex

You're a helluva guy froob, thanks!

And I noticed the podzol/sapling thing is fixed too!