News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Spawn Town Land Survey 2016 (1.9)

Started by enigmaforceiv, May 31, 2016, 01:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enigmaforceiv

Just want to put it out there, although I have put a ton of time and effort into Spawntown, I am not the owner of Spawntown. In fact, Chief had gave me and several other the authority to improve spawntown. Because of my absence, and if you have an idea for SpawnTown, do not hesitate to ask Chief/Whov for permission to build. This goes for SpawnTown subway, any unfinished projects left by me, and even the Great Frooby Railroad. All resources found in chests in spawntown are donated items from myself and other players to be used for all Spawntown Projects.

I am submitting a Land Survey of Spawn Town that will hopefully make Spawn Town's borders official. This project stems from the on going issues with people building around spawn town that are not claimed with a plot.

The lawful description of the Township reads as follows:

From the point of /Spawn, the borders extend to the  Z -167 South, to the southern point of the river. Z -640 North, to the border of Psychotog's Tree Farm. X -55 West, to the outskirts of Asaul's Bunker base. X 333 East to the Train Entrance towards East Woodlands.

Here's the official land survey document, if you don't want to figure out what all that stuff above means:

There are 6 Sections of Spawn Town, all equally divided. Each section can hold 80-135 12x12 plots. In turn, all of Spawn Town can hold 600 plots total. This does not exclude land required for public buildings, public parks, and natural formations such as rivers, ponds, or forest preserves.

I am assuming we will be able to expand into 120-200 plots.

Currently, the vast majority of space is being utilized for spawn town beautification efforts and large projects. There are some areas that are glitched that I do not believe people would like to build (mobs wont die, items don't drop properly). The greyed out area in section 3 is a glitched area.

Other greyed out areas are examples of "Do Not Build" locations. This includes streams, rivers and ponds.

I think that Spawn Town deserves its own internal subway station. The subway station will run under ground and will originate at /spawn. There will be 1 subway station in each district of Spawn Town. I depicted the locations by placing a red "X".

Current Sections/Districts are named:

1. Undeveloped Forest/Plains
2. District 12
3. Central District
4. Commercial District
5. Undeveloped River/Forest
6. Undeveloped Forest

3. Build A Spawn Town Donation Center (Building)
4. Finalize Spawn Town Cemetary + Maze/Game - This area is glitched. I started on a 3 story "haunted house" there. If anyone wishes to finish it, you may download the blueprint level from here: http://minecraftbuildinginc.com/medieval-farm/ The roof is really hard, do whatever with the inside.
5. Subway Station - someone connect the subway to all the points in the map marked with "X". If you need to subway blueprint, just ask, I'd upload it. If you wanna make soemthing simple, do it.
6. Little Village :O - Mechclaw, just let Chief/Whov know you'll be working on it if you want.
7. Public Library (Ran by aymtaiztik) - Sorry aym, unless someone wants to make her one?
8. Introduce some kind of games that will get the community together - WHOV THIS IS YOU
9. Eventually, lift the ban on ugly homes - because people should be able to express their inner zbro1234.
10. Someone finish my bridge, it's the only way Chief can get out of his house. It's wide enough for him too - he was complaining about how his "fat ass" wasn't able to fit down the stairs and under the train station.

Let me know if this survey has been approved by the world council so that we may not run into issues with players building as we expand.
Thank you,

EnigmaForceIV

Tips:

Trees and grass make areas look natural/beautiful.
Make unique places for players to explore. If you want someone to go in a certain direction. Put something unique in that direction.

Some idea: Water Fountains, Parks, Recreational Ponds/Pools, River Walk, benches, large public buildings (towers, unique unplotted/unowned homes, etc etc)

Spawntown Projects were funded in part by:

TheChief13 - Beginning of Spawntown/City Planning/EndShrine
SwankyWhov - Killing the Dragon/Dragon Egg/ Finding Ender Portal
Redcube/ButterArmy - Resources for Several Spawntown Projects, including the Barn, Streets and others
AlyssaSaysHi - Resources and Landscaping (Barn)
Tricia17997 - Resources and Support <3
TheWindyRaven - Bridge, Plots, Streets
BPRed - Resources
The_AK_47 - Resources/Hospital (if he ever builds it)
Scam_Artist - Shop Deck
Psychotog - Boat/Fishing Dock

All those who didn't fight when asked to move for prettiness :)

All those who begun the great froob railroad (Idk who those people are)

Mechclaw

This looks (And sounds) great. It's finally more organized ^-^ I have to make time to get on more :D

I can also help with the 'Little village' well, providing that it's a village made of tiny houses, I made some in Mushville last map.
Mechclaw // Eli

SwankyPhil

Get Shwifty

cakebaker9000

I tend to land and I tend to my memes. I hope for you to join me in my endeavors.

enigmaforceiv

You don't have to move your shop, it's optional. Obviously Whovian wants to create some games - I think that'd be fun for the server as a whole. I'm still working on the graveyard (new house/land behind the barn in section 3). It's going to be creepy looking hopefully.