News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Spawn Town Underground Market

Started by froobynooby, March 12, 2018, 07:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

froobynooby

Alright. So we always end up with a bunch of shops in Spawn Town. Usually they work by placing an order in a book or on a sign, and then you have to wait for the next time the owner is on. It inevitably takes days or weeks for the owner to check their shop, if they do it at all, at which time the buyer has lost interest. Point is that shops and trading in general do not work very well.

I suggest that in 1.13 we create, underneath Spawn Town, a giant trading platform with player owned automatic shops. All shops would be exactly the same design. They are completely automatic and are made with redstone. They can take up to 63 of any stackable item and in return give up to 319 of any item. They also only take up a 6x6 block space, so we can build quite a large amount of them underneath Spawn Town.

Here's what the front of a store looks like

You place payment into the hopper on the right and the items you are after appear in the chest. The redstone lamp will shine when there are items in stock. When there are no items in stock the hopper will not accept any payment, so you can't be scammed.

I think this would be a really nice project for the community. And it would be cool to see trading between players made more feasible, and also to see a bit of an item economy happening. What do you guys think?

Metalic_Shield

I think this is a great idea! So, would anyone be able to stock these shops, or just staff?
Noot noot :3

froobynooby

I think you might be misunderstanding. The shops would be player owned. So if you have 20 shulker boxes that you don't want, for example, you could claim a shop and sell them for a diamond each or something like that.

Metalic_Shield

Ohhh, okay I totally missed the point, lmao. I think this will greatly improve the Froobworld economy. :)
Noot noot :3

Truth_X_ile

The Temporary Admin 'Cyan name' with an Insanely Huge Farm...

froobynooby

You could use it to sell off some of your nearly endless supply of potatoes

SwankyPhil

Can you still design a small store front? Little decoration?
Get Shwifty

froobynooby

Yeah, I think that would be fine. The picture in the original post is just what the layout of the shops will look like. If someone comes up with a more appealing design for the shop faces we could use that and then players could also personalise their shops to their liking.

Truth_X_ile

I'm a giver, I don't accept payments remember, so I'll never use it :P
The Temporary Admin 'Cyan name' with an Insanely Huge Farm...

Panda

Quote from: froobynooby on March 12, 2018, 07:54:48 PM
I think you might be misunderstanding. The shops would be player owned. So if you have 20 shulker boxes that you don't want, for example, you could claim a shop and sell them for a diamond each or something like that.
I wonder who would have that many shulker boxes  :D

SwankyPhil

Quote from: Reyanna on March 16, 2018, 01:00:34 PM

Nobody if the map resets  ;D
Get Shwifty

froobynooby

Quote from: Reyanna on March 16, 2018, 01:00:34 PM

My example may have been inspired...

froobynooby

I made a shop in the current Spawn Town which uses the same mechanism that I am proposing.

Here it is:

You get 16 cookies for 3 iron ingots. Place the ingots in the hopper to the left and the cookies appear in the chest on the right. The shop is located on Froob St. in the most south-west part of Spawn Town, if you want to try it.

TheChief13

Me like many much, thumb up from this guy!

-lot of love, the real cheef

cakebaker9000

Who would build the redstone would it be made by donations or would each person be responsible
I tend to land and I tend to my memes. I hope for you to join me in my endeavors.