SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

The Truth Cookbook

Started by froobynooby, March 25, 2017, 11:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

froobynooby

A Guide To Cooking Truth
with froobynooby

If you're reading this you are interested in cooking your very own Truth. Truth can be quite difficult to cook for a beginner, but in this guide we will walk you through all of the steps for some of our preferred methods for cooking Truth.

Part 1 - Obtaining Truth
This is probably the most difficult step towards cooking Truth. Truth can be sneaky and elusive, and he knows when he's being watched. To have the best chance of catching a Truth you should set a Truth trap. A Truth can be trapped by digging a 2 block deep hole made of leaves with a sign saying "You're trapped" in it. The best way to lure a Truth to your trap is to have it hidden in a poorly optimized or unsymmetrical farm, which Truth will be forced to fix. Alternatively, you can throw meat towards Truth which acts as a repelling force, forcing him away from the meat and, hopefully, into your trap. Once trapped there is nothing he can do, so it is time to prepare for cooking him.
Below is an image showing a trapped Truth and the Truth repelling abilities of meat

Part 2 - Preparation
Preparation is key to successfully cooking Truth. Make sure that you have your cooking station set up before you catch Truth as Truth needs to be cooked immediately after being caught. The cooking station you require will depend on the method you are using to cook Truth, usually you can't go wrong with a nice open fire.

Part 3 - Some selected recipes

Roasted Truth
It's a classic, you just can't beat it. Roasted Truth is one of the simplest, yet one of the tastiest ways to cook Truth. All that is required is a pit fire and, of course, Truth. There's actually two ways to cook roasted Truth, one is using a spit and the other is chucking him on an open fire.
For the spit method, you're going to need a 2 meter long spit, some rope and some strong supports.
Tie Truth to the spit using the rope and prop him up onto the supports.
Allow Truth to roast for 6 hours for maximum tenderness.

Below is an example of a successful roasted Truth using the spit method

This method is much quicker, but you don't end up with the same tenderness as the spit method.
For this method you need to have Truth lie down in a pre-prepared pit with coals.
If desired, you can add some form of seasoning.
After you've done this, you're going to need to light the fire underneath Truth.
For the best results, leave to roast for 3 hours.

Below is an example of roasted Truth with watermelon, using the non-spit method

Boiled Truth
Boiled Truth is a little bit trickier to pull off than roasted Truth, but if you can pull it, it's worth it. For boiled Truth we require a cauldron and a pit fire.
First you'll want to fill your cauldron with some fresh water. Add carrots and potatoes if desired, but we generally find that Truth by itself is the best way to go.
You're going to want to bring the water in your cauldron to a boil and once it is boiling add Truth. Fortunately, because of Truth's tendency to jump into lava, he is incapable of telling temperatures and so will remain in the pot.
You're going to want to leave Truth boiling for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on how hot your water is. Now this is quite a long time, so Truth may be tempted to move. To prevent this, place meat all around the cauldron thus providing an equal repulsive force from all directions and causing Truth to be unable to leave the pot.

Below is an image of a successfully boiled Truth.

Mexican Truth
A recipe sent in by amateur Truth chef TheChief13 is Mexican Truth. It's an unconventional cooking method but it produces great results. For Mexican Truth you will need a fully functioning roller coaster which sends you through lava and a sombrero.
First you're going to want to put the sombrero on Truth, this is the key step to the entire dish.
Next you're going to want to place Truth into the roller coaster. Remember it must be a roller coaster, not just any old minecart track. This is very important.
Next simply send Truth on his way down the track, once he makes his way though the lava he will be cooked.

Below is an image of a successfully done Mexican Truth, courtesy of TheChief13

Part 4 - Get creative with your recipes
Don't shy away from experimenting with how you cook Truth. How do you think all of these recipes were discovered? I happen to know that TheChief13 tried cooking Truth in 78 different ways before discovering Mexican Truth, but did he give up? No, he didn't, and he succeeded in the end. If you find an exciting new recipe, be sure to send it in with screenshots and we might just put it in our recipe collection.

Metalic_Shield

I really need to find me some Truth... would you mind sharing some Froob? :P
I wonder how Truth would taste with some BBQ sauce  :o
Noot noot :3

Panda

Froobehs this is beautiful  :D

TheChief13

79 times actually, although that one time with a cucumber.. doesn't count..

cakebaker9000

Nothing beats roasted truth
I tend to land and I tend to my memes. I hope for you to join me in my endeavors.