News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Lag when I join

Started by triple_squid, September 03, 2015, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triple_squid

I have a really big problem. I have been playing froobworld for about a week and I have had minimal lag problems. (I have noticed that warps and teleports are leggy, and glitch for ages afterward). But one time I had to do a lot of teleporting because I was trading, and forgot my stuff etc. . So, I glitches out so much with it all, that I literally couldn't do anything, so I just logged off when inside my house after typing /home and waiting for ever to get there.i gave up, and hoped it would be fine the next time I joined. Now whenever I join, I experience a frozen character inside my house, getting about 1 frame every 10secs. This means I can't do anything in froobworld, and I was wondering if somebody could sort this out. I hope that I will be able to go on it again. Thanks. (Please fix tp)

froobynooby

Unfortunately, if you don't live near enough to the server with a decent enough connection you will experience teleport lag. I'm guessing you don't live in America?
As for the problems with joining, does it happen on other servers? It doesn't look like a problem with the server as other players seem to be joining just fine. If you've had a slow internet connection recently that would probably be what is causing the problem. Also, are the chunks loading slowly when you join the server? If they are, you have a poor connection to the server and I'm afraid there's not much I can do about that.

I hope you can get back on soon

Truth_X_ile

I'll add something here too, I just got on today normal as ever, there was a bit of lag, skipped frames when animals/enemies walked towards me as if they were teleporting as well as teleporting to my home it rubber banded me back to the chest after walking out a bit, had to wait a bit before it allowed me to get unstuck from the spot...

could be related to the same thing maybe, or just a coincidence...
The Temporary Admin 'Cyan name' with an Insanely Huge Farm...

TheChief13

Yeah I've been getting that too. I've always had a great connection to the server and haven't really had much trouble with the connection but recently it has been rather bad

TheChief13

Today I was playing and 3 other brits were on. then we all lost connection and couldn't connect again.. something is definitely wrong with the servers connection. as I said above it cant be location as I've always been able to connect without issue but recently it has been bad.

triple_squid

Thanks for replying everyone. My internet is usually quite good, but yes I don't live in America. As chief said, for about a week nothing severe had happened, but now I keep getting 'rubber banded' back to my house with terrible fps. I will attempt to join again later today, and see if it works. Yes, I think I have the same thing as Truth_X_ile where I have to wait to be unstuck

Truth_X_ile

all the issues have subsided for a while now, you should be fine now  :D
The Temporary Admin 'Cyan name' with an Insanely Huge Farm...

triple_squid

Thank you everyone for your help. The issue has been resolved and the effects have been majorly reduced. I shall continue to play on the froobworld server.

triple_squid