SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Ban appeal

Started by ironhawkable, December 09, 2013, 08:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ironhawkable

Ban reason: Opening an unprotected chest in the wild
:Banned by Grape
I was banned wrongly by a mod because i wondered 20 blocks away from my house and went in a cave, found some chests and then grape yelled in chat saying "Hey!" and then i was banned for being a thief.

froobynooby

I can't find the cave you're talking about but here's a screenshot of a chest that you stole from:

ironhawkable

This was from a few mins before the ban.. and this was also "un protected" idk why this is so hard to figure out -.-

ironhawkable

This is making me a bit angry because i didn't even do anything that was breaking the rules that were stated, You even said yourself that everyone should protect their chests because it is open to everyone else. And by the way, the chest in the cave, I didn't take anything from it. And this is a semi-vanilla, which should support raiding if the items are not protected properly. I'm one hundred percent right when i say that if my chest wasn't protected, and someone took some diamonds from it, you would say " Well you should have protected it "

froobynooby

This is making me a bit angry because i didn't even do anything that was breaking the rules that were stated
Rule number 2: "Don't steal, lure or scam."

I'm one hundred percent right when i say that if my chest wasn't protected, and someone took some diamonds from it, you would say " Well you should have protected it "
No actually, since stealing isn't allowed, even from unprotected chests, we would have rolled back the person who did steal, just like we do for every other person. You're no exception.
In this week alone we've banned around 5 people for stealing from unprotected chests.

And this is a semi-vanilla, which should support raiding if the items are not protected properly
We want to be as close to Vanilla as possible without the griefing or raiding. Which is why we're Semi-Vanilla.

ironhawkable

I realized that after i came on with my second account yesterday, i re framed and talked to one of your mods. I thought stealing was as in Hacking stealing.. i was wrong.. can i have one more chance? i really do love this server even though you did completely destroy my house and everything in it :p. If at any point you have any concerns with me you can re ban me. But this was just a mistake D:! I have looked on so many servers for something like yours! but every time, ill become and operator or a mod of some sort and have been very helpful! (p.s you need to clarify the Stealing, scamming, and luring better!) I have already been tested by some mods on your server on my other account. i have made friends, and again i was banned for the same reason as last time! can you just give me a second chance? Yes there was a mistake on my part, but everyone makes mistakes, and all i took was gravel, cobble, and a couple of planks. I didn't take like 64 diamonds. BUT :/ i respect all decisions mad by a mod or owner, if so they see it that i should stay banned, so be it. I have been a Operator myself on 5 different servers. i know the work you put in to make the server safe and keep all threats away. I have banned many people with hacks and griefing protected spawn areas. I completely understand. And if you keep me banned, please help me in a direction for a new server.
Accounts used on said server:
-Ironhawkable
-Sleaklighthawk
p.s-I would like to point out a mod, Specifically Underarmour. He is reliable as a Moderator, when i told him about how i was banned once on your server, he quickly ran to chief. Tell him good job from me. even though this sounds a bit messed up XD